Last week on Malwarebytes Labs, we explored a link between Magecart Group 5 and the Carbanak APT, we discussed the growing rate of robocalls threatening user privacy, and we tipped you off on how to protect yourself from doxing.
Other cybersecurity news
- NordVPN, a popular virtual private network, confirmed it was the victim of a data center breach in 2018 with reportedly only a minor impact. (Source: CNet)
- The European Data Protection Supervisor says it has “serious concerns” over Microsoft‘s contracts with European Union institutions. (Source: ZDNet)
- Avast has become the victim of a cyberespionage campaign that saw hackers gain deep access to its network. (Source: Forbes)
- A new ransomware has been discovered called FuxSocy that borrows much of its behavior from the notorious and now-defunct Cerber Ransomware. (Source: BleepingComputer)
- Researchers have uncovered malware in 17 iOS apps that were removed from Apple’s official App Store. (Source: ThreatPost)
- Latest Firefox brings privacy protections front and center letting you track the trackers. (Source: The Mozilla blog)
- A stealthy Microsoft SQL server backdoor malware was spotted in the wild that could allow a remote attacker to control an already compromised system stealthily. (Source: The Hacker News)
- Performing searches on some celebrities comes with a higher risk of being hacked. (Source: TechSpot)
- Research linked ransomware and data breaches to an uptick in fatal heart attacks. (Source: PBS)
- Cybercrime reports filed by UK citizens have sat inside a police database without being investigated after being placed in quarantine by security software. (Source: ZDNet)
Stay safe, everyone!