Trojan.Glupteba is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a backdoor Trojan that enables the threat actor to perform several actions on the affected Windows system.
Type and source of infection
Trojan.Glupteba is usually dropped by exploit kits. It can download and install further malware and add the affected system to a botnet. It has the tendency to pretend to be an updater for legitimate software.
Malwarebytes protects users from Trojan.Glupteba by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Trojan.Glupteba
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Trojan.Glupteba without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get startedbutton.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Trojan.Glupteba with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.