Spyware.Lokibot is Malwarebytes’ detection name for a large family of spyware that primarily targets banking information.
Type and source of infection
Spyware.Lokibot uses random file and folder names and usually arrives as an email attachment.
- Data/information about the system may have been stolen
- User credentials may have been stolen
Malwarebytes protects users from Spyware.Lokibot by using real-time protection.
Malwarebytes blocks Spyware.Lokibot
Malwarebytes can detect and remove Spyware.Lokibot without further user interaction.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop.
- Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- When your Malwarebytes for Windows installation completes, the program opens to the Welcome to Malwarebytes screen.
- Click on the Get started button.
- Click Scan to start a Threat Scan.
- Click Quarantine to remove the found threats.
- Reboot the system if prompted to complete the removal process.
How to remove Spyware.Lokibot with the Malwarebytes Nebula console
You can use the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Nebula console to scan endpoints.
Nebula endpoint tasks menu
Choose the Scan + Quarantine option. Afterwards you can check the Detections page to see which threats were found.
On the Quarantine page you can see which threats were quarantined and restore them if necessary.