In an effort to make users aware and be reminded of changes that is about to take place soon, Microsoft has started sending out notification emails regarding their updated Services Agreement and Privacy Statement, which will take effect on August 1.
Microsoft already put out an earlier blog post this month, stating that they’re making changes again to “further simplify the terms and policies for our customers”. In the post, Horacio Gutiérrez, Microsoft’s Deputy General Counsel & Corporate VP, wrote:
This round of changes are guided by three key principles: simplicity, user privacy, and transparency in communication. Below are the highlighted changes based on these:
- Complete list of products, apps, and services covered by the Service Agreement
- Microsoft Service Agreement FAQ
- Microsoft Privacy Dashboard
- Microsoft Privacy Statement (full)
- Microsoft Service Agreement (full)