Last week on Malwarebytes Labs, we published our most recent episode of our podcast Lock and Code, providing an in-depth discussion on web browser privacy, looked at the membership bump for the Coalition against Stalkerware, and dug into EDR solutions. We also looked at twists added to the threat scene by Maze Ransomware.
Other cybersecurity news
- Breach affects major service provider: A cloud server breach serves as stepping stone for data theft. (Source: Infosec Magazine)
- LiveJournal hits the news: Up to 26 million logins are up for grabs, and it’s possible they’re related to LiveJournal. (Source: DreamWidth)
- Red Cross warning: The ICRC and more asked governments to get a firm grip of cyber attacks targeting hospitals and medical systems. (Source: CNET)
- When websites portscan: Intetesting research highlighted security and privacy concerns for both websites and the people using them. (Source: The Register)
- Warnings abound that unemployment claim scams are on the rise as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. (Source: WKZO)
- Zoom bombing brings serious consequences: The FBI are investigating zoom bombers deploying illegal imagery and videos on unsuspecting victims. (Source: The Hill)
- Fake news, free speech: There are claims that some Governments are using the pandemic, and information related to it, as a way to potentially crack down on free speech. (Source: Foreign Policy)
- Prepping for 5G conspiracy theories: A look at how the DHS is getting itself ready for the inevitable wave of tall tales hitting the US. (Source: Wired)
- Student discovers security / doorbell camera flaws: A computer science student contacted many big industry players to explain where things may be going wrong. (Source: Help Net Security)
- Ransomware attacks continue: There may be a pandemic, but that hasn’t stopped some individuals from causing mayhem anyway. (Source: WRBL)
Stay safe, everyone!